A radiant and healthy complexion makes your appearance good. It can boost your confidence as well. Your skin faces the challenge of ultra violet ray of the sun especially during summer. This may contribute wrinkles and premature aging. So, apply anti-wrinkle products and sunscreen while going out to protect the skin from the exposure of sun. The major causes of unhealthy skin include lack of hygiene, inadequate cleansing, unhealthy diet, blood impurities, and excessive exposure to sun rays, pollutants, stress and so on. Since skin is the defensive system of your body, you need to give proper attention to protect it.
SUMMER SKIN CARE TIPS
The tips mentioned below will definitely help you to protect your skin in summer especially. If you failed to follow the below mention tips you may face the problems of early aging, acne, pimples, patches, wrinkles, rashes and so on.
1) Exfoliate your skin
Exfoliation is vital as it removes dead skin and improves blood circulation to the face and prevents congestion and improves hydration from toners and moisturizers. The best option is that, choose any of the cosmetic scrubs available in the market or make one at home. Try this home remedy including 4-5 tbsp gram flour, pinch of turmeric, 5-6 drops of rose water along with milk and yogurt, mix this mixture into paste and utilize to exfoliate your face. Apply it with facemask or moisturizer.
2) Keep your body hydrated
Nothing works as better as water. So, drink maximum fluids like fruit juices, coconut water, butter milk or just plain water to reduce the heat level and to keep body cool and hydrated. Green tea contains rich source of antioxidant which helps to eradicate dull skin cell. It is known to have anti inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties which protect against a variety of skin disorders. Your body inclines lots of moisturizer in the summer. So, it is necessary to regularly replenish with water. Hence, drink at least 7-8 cups of water or other liquids. As it helps to flush toxic content, detoxifies the skin and may keep your skin soft and moisturized. But avoid fizzy and carbonated drinks as they are harmful for health.
3) Protect skin from sun damage
In the hot summer, you maximum try to stay indoors between 11am to 3pm especially. Since during particular this period sun rays are the strongest and may affect you skin as well as overall body. In addition, don’t forget to apply sunscreen before stepping out in the sun. Because it not only prevents you from skin darkening but also protect you from harsh UVA rays that contributes to skin cancer and other various skin disorders.
Make use of good quality cleanser and cleans your skin thoroughly twice in a day. Give more preference to cucumber or aloe vera gel based cleanser if you are affected with acne. You can prepare effective, beneficial natural cleanser at home also. Simply mix honey in plain yogurt and apply this natural cleanser on your skin and leave for 10-15 minutes. Finally rinse-off with plain water. This natural cleanser it not only cleanses but also moisturizes your skin.
5) Other natural home remedies
There are various natural regimens, herbs and ingredients. By following these remedies you will notice glowing and beautiful skin instantly.
• Cucumber: – It not only eliminates acne scars but also remove black spots. Hence apply cucumber slices or juices on all over face and finally rinse off after 10-20 minutes
• Lemon: – It is powerhouse of antioxidants. It eradicates acne and black spots. Simply apply lemon juice with using cotton ball and leave for 30 minutes. Then, rinse off with cold water. Apart from that, you can use lime juice along with combination of olive oil, cucumber juice, egg yolk, and rose water.
• Honey: – It is known to have cleansing properties. Hence, apply the honey mask for 10-15 minutes, and then wash off with cold water.
• Face mask: – You can apply various face mask that are made from natural ingredients such as olive oil, alove vera, almond, yogurt, lime juice, mint juice, turmeric powder, gram flour, milk and orange peel powder. These natural face masks not only improve blood circulation but also give you a shiny and supple look.
• Tomato: – Apply tomato pulp on all over face daily and leave at least 30 minutes. Finally wash off with warm water. You will notice beautiful, smooth and glowing skin.
• Papaya: – It is loaded with full of antioxidants and well known for beautiful, glowing skin. Apply homemade papaya face mask. Simply mash 2 tbsp of papaya with honey and 1 egg white then leave this mixture around 15-30 minutes. You will enjoy instant glowing skin afterwards.
• Gram flour: – Apply gram flour facemask; it may help you to get rid of uneven tan. Simply mix gram flour with yogurt and few drops of lemon then apply on your face and leave till its dry. As lemon is rich in citric acid which helps effectively in removing the tan.
6) Avoid aerated drinks
Most people have tendency to drink cold drinks to quench their thirst in summer. But one fact also considers that these drinks contains an excellent source of sugar which is not good for your skin and figure as well. Hence rather than drinking those aerated drinks, give preference to fresh juices and fluids to stay hydrated. Besides that, it is necessary to avoid intake of diuretics like alcohol, caffeine as they reduce water from your system.
7) Other tips
• Cleanse face twice in a day
• Eat healthy, take enough sleep and exercise regularly
• Give preference to water based moisturizer
• Make use of toner especially rose water.