The lifestyle of these days has contributed to more stress regardless of the sex of humans. Unfortunately most women have to struggle a lot, while they have to maintain a work life balance. Work, kids, domestic chores and parenting can affect a woman lot more than a man. When they need to cope up with loads of stress, they should also keep continuing the chores that lead to enormous stress. the result of this prolonged stress is anxiety. As women face lots of stress, they are also much more anxious than men. There are also other reasons why women are more affected by anxiety. Even the physical design of women is a reason. Getting equipped with information is a great way to get rid of anxiety disorders and problems. Find here the causes, reasons and symptoms for anxiety in women.
While work related stress is the most often identified and known problem for anxiety, there are also other causes for stress and anxiety in women. By nature, women need to cope with loads of stress when it comes to mensuration, pregnancy, child birth and during menopause. When they are in a situation to undergo other stress during these periods, this can lead to anxiety. Also, a few women can be allergic or sensitive to foods like wheat and sugar. Consuming these in more quantities can actually lead to anxiety disorders. Women also might go for birth control pills or pills for hormone regulations, which is another reason for anxiety related issues. Serotonin is a substance produced by the brain as a result of chemical reactions to keep one cool and calm. When this production is not adequate or does not happen, again anxiety can be anticipated.
What are the common symptoms?
Most of the symptoms for anxiety in men and women are same. However, one can find a few symptoms that are specific in women.
- The rate of heart beat is increased and shudders of heart can be experienced
- Breath shortness
- Discomfort or pain in chest
- Pain in abdominal area
- Various body parts can experience numbness
- Over sweating
- Feeling dizzy or light headed
- Headache, vomiting, nausea
- One may feel too cold. Also chill and cold hands and feet can be experienced too often
- Body chills
- Pain in muscular parts
- Blood pressure increases
- Some may feel too hungry while others can lose appetite
- Sleep disturbances and insomnia too are common symptoms of anxiety
- In women, anxiety generally develops a feeling that something unpleasant can happen.
- Awaiting death fear is common in women who suffer from anxiety. This feeling crops up with no reason.
- The women will feel secluded from the rest of the world.
- The women who suffer from anxiety can never concentrate on anything. They would not be able to do things that need focus. Constant worry and tension are also experienced by women who suffer from anxiety.
- Extreme aggression is also another common psychological symptom that helps to identify anxiety in women.
- A woman who is affected by anxiety can also show some behavioral and personality changes. Even if she has been into much of social life can become suddenly socially inactive.
When you want to overcome the problems caused by anxiety, you need to trust the herbal remedies. Passionflower, valerian, lemon balm, and kava kava can soothe the mind. They are also great when it comes to cure the sleep disturbances and insomnia. They also make one relaxed and calm, and relieve tension. This is what you would expect to happen at the first dose of any medicine when you suffer from anxiety. You can also meditation. Various techniques can relax the mind while also relieving you from the physical symptoms. Pranayama is simple to do and is very effective. But, try to learn from the guidance of experts. You can also go for practitioners who are experts in Reiki. This is an excellent solution to bring down anxiety and tension.
Sometimes there are chances that the symptoms are in worsened state. An example is chest pain and shortness of breath. At such cases, you cannot go for these remedies without consulting a behavioral therapist. The therapist will find the exact reason for stress and anxiety and further consulting a psychologist can help you come out of the problem. All the dysfunctional emotions and behavior problems are approached systematically by CBT. You can also get the antianxiety drugs and antidepressant medications if you require them badly. These are also prescribed in case of emergency.
There are various types of anxiety like the separation anxiety and social anxiety. There can be also anxiety because of loss of job or some other reasons. You need to understand that everything in life needs to go on and nothing is constant. Always have a positive attitude towards life. You can also go for the treatments mentioned here to come out of your space. The better way to cope up with anxiety or even preventing it is to have good foods. Stay away from junk foods, and take a balanced diet. Do simple workouts or take a walk daily. Get indulged in chores you love to. Develop hobbies. Reduce the time you spend with gadgets. You would be actually with something non-interactive and this can develop stress. Get a pet. These will help you to gradually come out of anxiety.